Tuesday, January 11, 2011

TV Tuesday!

I have been "shopping" (i.e. going to the store saying "I'm really going to buy one today", looking around for an hour plus, getting confused, and leaving) for a TV since May and I FINALLY bit the bullet this weekend and bought one!
While the TV is for my bedroom for now, I wanted to buy one big enough to be a living room TV one day if need be. That being said, the TV is a tad large (excessively so....) for my bedroom but I'm going to try to make it work. I have moved it around to almost every furniture top in the room.  I have settled on a spot for now but I'm in the market for a new piece of furniture to put it on that is just the right height.

That is more information than you bargained for, I know, but because I have TVs on my mind, I thought I would share some others' ideas for decorating around a TV. 

One "Decorating Around a TV" tidbit I need to admit -  I have never been a huge fan of the TV above the mantle... however, the ones pictured below are very tastefully done and could potentially change my mind.
What are your thoughts on the TV above the mantle?







Pictures Courtesy of: ChicGalleria

1 comment:

  1. Not a fan of TV's over the mantle as I feel the whole room is dominated by them. My preference is to hide them behind doors. I do love the 1st pic though, it's such a lovely room it seems to work

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails